Focus and Scope
AL-A'RAF: Jurnal Pemikiran Islam dan Filsafat is highly dedicated as public space to explore and socialize academic idea and research findings from the researcher, academician, and practitioner who are concerning to develop and promote the values of religious moderate and tolerance, with the following but not limited to these specific issues;
- Living Qur'an and Living Hadith: Quranic/Hadith daily lives practiced by the certain Muslim community,
- Islam and local wisdom: relation of Islam and culture, the practice of Islamic teaching in the Muslim community, and other local culture practiced by the certain Muslim community
- Islam and Politic: Islamic radicalism, Islamic activism/movement, state and religion relation, and the dynamic of Islamic political party
- Inter-religious dialogue: interaction and relation between Muslim and non-Muslim community in the daily lives, religious harmony, and policy about the religious relation in certain communities or countries
- Islamic Philosophy: the Muslim philosopher thought which is contextualizing with the current Muslim community life; and
- Other issues which are socially, culturally, and politically correlate to the Islamic and Muslim community development.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts have not been published before nor being submitted to other journals. All received manuscripts undergo double-blind reviews; such detail as follow:
- Scope screening. AL-A’RAF editor-in-chief would check for the article possible plagiarism detecting with such software as Turnitin, under setting up of non-repository and non-bibliography form. More than 30-40% of its similarity, the manuscript would be not considered to the next screening. The editor would also screen all submitted manuscripts for its conformity to AL-A’RAF’s focus and scope.
- Initial screening. The editor-in-chief would assign manuscripts that pass initial screening to section editors. Assistant editors help the managing editor to handle technical editing review, such as grammatical error, citing, and paraphrase; while the principal section editor would select a principal editorial board to initiate a blind review process of the manuscript.
- Content Review. A blind reviewer would critically evaluate the content of the manuscript, including the title, abstract, introduction, research question, thesis argument, the method of data gathering and analyzing, discussion, and openly suggest related references that may enrich the discussion of the manuscript.
- Expert Review. Another blind reviewer would examine the discussion of the manuscript and help to put the discussion on the global context of either Islamic or Muslim community discourse.
- Revise the Manuscript. The author would make a revision based on reviewer comments (content and technical error) which will have up to two-four weeks. It is once again valued by the section editor to question whether the revised version is appropriate or not. If it is so inadequate that the section editor will advise the author to revise it again.
- Final decision. The revised manuscript is either accepted or rejected; if the author(s) are unable to make the required changes, the manuscript is rejected.
- Galley. The manuscript is handed over to the journal’s lay outer; then returned to the author for proofreading and final approval.
- Published. The final version of the manuscript will be published on the latest issue of AL-A’RAF
AL-A'RAF: Jurnal Pemikiran Islam dan Filsafat is published bi-annually (January-June, July-December)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This ejournal system and it's contents licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...